Milestone Technologies, Inc. is a leading IT Managed Services and IT Professional Services solutions provider headquartered in the Bay Area and serving clients globally. Our unique approach to IT Managed Services includes Contact Center Services, Internal IT Support, Data Center Operations, Workforce Solutions, and IT Professional Services.
The Global Security Systems & Technology New Builds Applications Specialist is the Subject matter expert and point of contact for Programming, Commissioning and driving new builds projects to Security Go Live (SGL) and ultimately First day of Business (FDOB). This person is responsible for coordinating with other teams to obtain network and Archibus information as well as a familiarity with the Systems, Technologies and platforms GSST uses to build out, Program and test new build sites, expansions and relocations. Communication internally with our technology partners and Project Managers and externally of the Integrator Field teams is integral to the success of this role. This is an outward facing position, and requires professionalism and efficiency.
- Intercoms, Key Management, etc.) to coincide with an aggressive build schedule.
- Some project management of Integrator/LSP resources in the field coordinating testing and commissioning of projects the Applications Engineer is responsible for.
- System Support to the Integrators/LSPs in the field on Security technologies (Access Control, Video Management systems, Intercoms, key management, etc.)
- Some limited PC/MAC support on software and hardware for end users via phone, email will be required occasionally.
- Enforce/follow documented installation standards and New Builds processes such as DHCP reservations, MAC White listing, Load Sheets and other new builds documentation as well as any other Security Specific techniques.
- Assists in basic network troubleshooting as it relates to GSST technologies. Network certifications not a requirement but general network knowledge a plus.
- Agile and exhibits a strong sense of urgency.Exceptional professionalism and customer-service skills, motivated by complete customer satisfaction.
- The desire and ability to have an impactful conversation with users about their support needs and requirements.
- Excellent task & tag management, verbal & written communication skills, combined with relentless follow-up.
- Loves working in a team-oriented environment and highly motivated to provide a positive user experience.
- Independent critical and creative thinking.
- Self-starter – ability to follow up and follow through on communications and documentation.
- Bold problem solving.
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced, demanding environment, under immense pressure.
- Ability to travel up to 25% to remote offices for end user and project support.
- Maintain relationships with both internal and external customers and vendors.
- Complete understanding of Microsoft OutlookTM client (Windows & Mac) and the Microsoft Office Suite, with experience resolving complex problems and assisting users with advanced functionality.
- Comprehensive knowledge of GSST related systems & technology including but not limited to:
-Software House/CCure supported hardware (iStar panels, REX, Card readers, locks, door contacts, etc.)
-Genetec supported hardware (Axis cameras, IO Modules, LPR, etc.)
-Commend Intercom systems
-Familiarity with how the GSST hardware interacts with network/I
-Familarity with field troubleshooting techniques for low voltage systems (ground faults, shorts, use of test equipment like a Multi meter, etc.)
-Either has certifications on key GSST systems listed above or is able to obtain certifications on these systems shortly after onboarding (90 days from start date)
- Comprehensive knowledge of Windows is a plus as most GSST applications are Windows dependent.
- Familiarity with basic networking. Does not need to be network certified but will require understanding how IP dependent devices function on a network and how to configure network settings for said devices.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed