Milestone is looking for passionate and motivated professionals who go above and beyond to solve the world’s biggest problems through innovation and technology. Our vision is to revolutionize the way technology is deployed and supported worldwide.
As the Global Security Content Specialist, the role will support the Global Security Communications Team to ensure all content is delivered to standard and on time. The role works directly with Global Security to develop strategies, programs, systems and tools that enhance our approach in keeping employees safe and secure.
For this position, Milestone is looking for Content Specialist who has excellent writing skills with experience with internal systems such as Wiki, Confluence or similar knowledge base management and information architecture. This candidate would also help with the following:
• Write concise documentation including but not limited to the following: knowledge base, Wiki, processes, best practices, communications, and presentations.
• Create and maintain internal site content for organization, content, accuracy, and brand.
• Maintain library for communications team’s document control, team collaboration, and external socialization.
• Write and simplify processes and procedures into understandable language, workflows, and instructions
• Participate in all aspects of documentation development from project planning through project release, including but not limited to: developing, writing, editing, and publishing the content.
• Look for operational efficiencies while documenting content and communicate areas of improvement within process to SMEs and managers.
• Work collaboratively with various teams and disciplines to develop documentation that satisfies its intended purpose, within schedule and budget limitations.
• Lead or assist with retention, file naming and file storage initiatives.
• Understand and apply context towards different content types, tailor content to best fit audience, and apply critical thinking to ensure that content meets standards.
• Maintain working knowledge of other industry-standard platforms
• Create internal forms to collect information and kick-off internal tracking process for new project requests.
• Experience with knowledge base and collaborative tools such as: Confluence, SharePoint, and Wiki
• Experience with document management and/or information architecture
• Ability to communicate effectively and adapt quickly
• Experience working with a large global company
• Experience in project and process management
• Distinctive problem-solving and analytical skills combined with strong business acumen and technical ability
• Exceptional attention to detail, solid time management, and ability to prioritize and multi-task across multiple projects with cross-functional partners and teams
• Analytical mindset and ability to understand and learn the organizational infrastructure and internal needs and help define and drive processes
• Ability to identify inconsistencies and deviations from language rules and guidelines
• Previous background in Physical Security or similar field
• Experience with design and branding, either in conception or creation
• Relevant professional experience as a Content Specialist, Technical Writer, Communications Specialist, or similar
• Editorial, copywriting, and/or analytics experience
• Experience with HTML, CSS, or similar