Milestone Technologies, Inc. is a leading IT Managed Services and IT Professional Services solutions provider headquartered in the Bay Area and serving clients globally. Our unique approach to IT Managed Services includes Contact Center Services, Internal IT Support, Data Center Operations, Workforce Solutions, and IT Professional Services.
The EHS Program Specialist serves as an EHS subject matter expert on: technical and regulatory aspects, EHS management systems, technical standards, and EHS best practices. The EHS Program Specialist is accountable for: a) the development, authoring and deployment of company-wide compliance assurance programs; b) providing comprehensive risk analysis and risk management actions; c) managing continuous improvement actions, programs or processes on compliance assurance, incident prevention, injury prevention, pollution prevention and other EHS performance indicators; d) managing incident investigation and corrective measure implementation; and e) evaluating and implementing EHS best practices to continuously improve compliance and management effectiveness. The EHS Program Specialist builds collaborative and productive working relationships; networks with, and appropriately involves key internal and external stakeholders; influences EHS plans; executes, and evaluates complex assignments that have a broad impact on EHS objectives and performance.
Monitor, interpret, and assess existing or emerging EHS laws, regulations, regulatory policy, and industry practices, determine operational and business impacts and develop, integrate and execute global EHS strategies, policies, programs, procedures, standards, training, processes and actions throughout the business organization to effectively manage applicable or relevant requirements.
Design, develop, author and sustain the programs, procedures, processes and systems to global and geographical and regional compliance with EHS law.
- Perform EHS compliance applicability reviews and EHS risk assessments and implement effective programs, procedures, processes and systems to ensure regulatory compliance and protect employees, communities and the environment.
- Develop, align and implement long-term EHS strategies and annual or short term EHS action plans, projects or initiatives that effectively manages EHS compliance and risk mitigation objectives with business and operational needs, operating plans, capital planning, resource staffing and budgeting.
- Developing, integrating and executing policies, programs, procedures, standards, training, processes and actions throughout the business organization to drive EHS vision, mission, policy and strategies.
- Functions in a leadership role regarding: agency enforcement actions; regulatory proposals; permitting issues and negotiations; EHS technical, engineering, and science support; assessment and control of EHS issues arising from operational processes, supply-chain, equipment, and materials.
- Perform audits and reviews to identify systemic EHS management gaps, develop corrective measures and implement solutions to sustain compliance with EHS law and company EHS strategies, policies or standards. Leverage lessons learned and develop continuous improvement EHS programs.
- Provide EHS service, solutions, programs, best practices and technical guidance to business management and support functions to effectively and efficiently manage compliance assurance and EHS risk mitigation.
- Manage enterprise-wide impact of EHS incident investigations to determine and implement root cause corrective actions. Leverage lessons learned and develop continuous improvement EHS programs.
- Collect, measure and analyze regional and site EHS metrics and KPI performances, to discover trends for continuous improvement or corrective measures. Perform management reviews and report on EHS performance and tactical and strategic improvement planning.
- Partner and collaborate with the business and support functions, to influence and manage EHS resources and projects and business decisions.
- Design, develop, implement, execute and sustain company-wide employee safety and injury prevention programs. Design, develop, implement, execute and sustain company-wide environmental permit management and pollution prevention programs.
- Manage regulatory agency and external stakeholder EHS activities, including reporting, visits, or inspections.
- Possess a detailed understanding of global and US-based EHS legal requirements (i.e.: Regulations, Codes, Standards, Directives, and Administrative Policies) and provide regulatory knowledge, technical expertise, EHS engineering knowledge, best practices and EHS management systems.
- Possess tactical and strategic regulatory leadership and direction as well as work well with limited supervision while being responsible for project management, compliance assurance, risk mitigation, injury prevention and environmental management.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple & technically complex assignments concurrently. Organized, analytical, detail-oriented, problem-solver, project management skills and strong focus on results.
- Ability to effectively lead and motivate cross-functional teams in a fast-paced and diverse environment. Ability to work effectively in teams. Ability to establish and maintain cross-functional and positive working relationships. Demonstrated ability to inspire team work and to effectively lead others.
- Ability to be an effective communicator and send clear, concise and consistent messages, both verbally and in writing including the ability to effectively present proposed plans and results to management. Able to effectively communicate with and influence senior leadership.
- Ability to develop and implement goals and strategies based on broader organization goals.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed