Milestone Technologies, Inc. is a leading IT Managed Services and IT Professional Services solutions provider headquartered in the Bay Area and serving clients globally. Our unique approach to IT Managed Services includes Contact Center Services, Internal IT Support, Data Center Operations, Workforce Solutions, and IT Professional Services.
Global Security Content Specialist supports the Strategic Initiatives organization by planning, creating, writing, editing, distributing, managing, and auditing content to meet and execute operational and business objectives. He/she specializes in content and technology-based solutions to improve streamlined communication and process standardization, while performing gap analysis to assess opportunities.
Content Specialist will be responsible for leading projects for various internal departments and clients. With a unique cross-functional perspective, successful candidate will link the organization's managers, departments, SMEs, other team members, and clients as a communication liaison.
• Create visual proof of concept to include sourcing, writing and/or editing, overall layout and production design for: o Corporate Reports
- Examples: Quarterly business reviews (QBRs), Executive monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- Strategic Leadership reports
- Examples: Roadshow content and materials. Summit production and presentations. o Team Wiki Pages / Microsites
• Create and maintain content for organization, content, accuracy, and style
• Coordination with other content teams on story development and driving execution of written content
• Manage the entire content lifecycle: creation, planning, development, analyzing, writing, editing, distributing, managing, and auditing content; including information architecture, delivery technologies, and anything else that affects the impact of content.
• Write concise processes and procedures, including, but not limited to, presentation material, process flowcharts, quick start guides, and FAQs.
• Oversee documentation and content-specific projects.
• Achieve content that is readable and understandable, findable, actionable, and shareable in all of its various forms.
• Create and define a system for the editorial content development process or development project.
• Create success as it relates to strategic, streamlined, consistent process, procedure, and policy.
• Standardize and streamline communication, processes, procedures, story development etc. to maximize the impact of content.
• Work collaboratively with various disciplines and develop documentation and content that satisfies its intended purpose, within schedule and budget limitations.
• Effectively communicate specialized, expert information to a non-Global Security audience.
• Look for operational efficiencies while documenting content and communicate areas of improvement within process to SMEs and managers.
• Simplify processes and procedures into understandable language, workflows, and instructions.
• Other duties as assigned by client or Milestone management.
• Exceptional attention to detail, solid time management, and ability to prioritize and multi-task across multiple projects with cross-functional partners and teams, while meeting deadlines in a fast-moving environment.
• Analytical mindset and an ability to understand and learn the organizational infrastructure and internal needs, and help define and drive processes.
• Ability to manage multiple competing priorities with tight deadlines, and take ownership of delivering on projects from start to finish without management oversight.
• Experience working closely with management and clients as part of the planning and development process.
• Interact with and influence stakeholders, and provide advice that reflects an understanding of their business and leadership style.
• Experience in project and process management.
• Ability to build strong relationships and advocate objectives with clients and internal stakeholders.
• Strong technical aptitude and ability to learn new technology.
• Ability to identify inconsistencies and deviations from language rules and guidelines.
• Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Engineering, Computer Science, Technical Communications, or similar fields; or equivalent practical experience
• 3+ years of relevant professional experience as a Technical Writer and/or Content Specialist
• Editorial, copywriting, and/or analytics experience
• Well-versed in the digital metrics for measuring and optimizing content performance
• Proficiency in MS Suites
• Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Quark.
• CAD, HTML, wiki and Tableau experience is a plus.