Milestone Technologies, Inc. is a leading IT Managed Services and IT Professional Services solutions provider headquartered in the Bay Area and serving clients globally. Our unique approach to IT Managed Services includes Contact Center Services, Internal IT Support, Data Center Operations, Workforce Solutions, and IT Professional Services.
Milestone is looking for a candidate who is responsible for a wide variety of communications activities for a Global Security Programs (GSP). Responsible for supporting the organization by creating, developing, writing, editing, distributing, managing, and auditing content to meet and execute operational and business objectives.Specialize in content and technology based solutions to improve streamlined communication and process standardization, while performing gap analysis to assess opportunities.
Must be highly skilled and experienced writer with strong verbal and written communication skills, able to take complex information and communicate it clearly, concisely, accurately, and timely without relying on technical or corporate jargon. The candidate must possess a unique cross-functional perspective, pivotally link the organization's managers, departments, support agents, and external users as a communication liaison.
• Identify operational efficiencies while documenting content and communicate areas of improvement within process to subject matter experts (SMEs) and managers.
• Simplify processes and procedures into understandable language, workflows, and instructions.
• Manage the entire content lifecycle: creation, planning, development, analyzing, writing, editing, distributing, and auditing high-quality content and documentation.
• Work cross-functionally with leadership. Interact with and influence stakeholders, and provide advice that reflects an understanding of their business and leadership style.
• Communicate initiative status and feedback to managers, key stakeholders, and senior management throughout the organization.
• Analytical mindset and an ability to understand and learn the organizational infrastructure and internal needs, and help define and drive processes.
• Ability to manage multiple competing priorities with tight deadlines, and take ownership of writing tasks from start to finish without management oversight.
• Experience working closely with management and clients as part of the planning and development process.
• Distinctive problem-solving and analytical skills combined with strong business acumen and technical savviness.
• Understand and apply content towards different content types, tailor content to best fit audience, and apply critical thinking to ensure that content meets standards.
• Monitor social media pages and provide the necessary customer service to respond to employee inquiries and feedback to Global Security.
• Standardize SOC communications, sensitive to local language and grammar while providing a consistent experience for all regions.
• Shape and implement communication strategies that inform, connect and engage.
• Create and standardize SOC communications templates.
• Assist with regional crisis activations and provide communications support.
• 5-7 years of relevant professional experience as a Communications Specialist, Crisis Communications Specialist, Technical Writer, Customer Service Representative, or similar.
• Outstanding editorial, social media, copywriting, and/or crisis communications experience.
• Excellent communication skills
• Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Public Relations, Technical Communications, Marketing or similar fields; or equivalent practical experience.
• Experience with Everbridge, or similar tools.
• Previous background in crisis communications or critical customer support.
• Previous background in Physical Security or similar field.
• Ability to communicate effectively and adapt quickly.
• Exceptional attention to detail, solid time management, and ability to prioritize and multi-task across multiple projects with cross-functional partners and teams.
• Experience working with a large global company and regionally dispersed teams.
• Experience in project and process management.
• Experience with document management and/or information architecture.
• Ability to identify inconsistencies and deviations from language rules and guidelines.