- Required to keep the big picture in focus while being able to dive into the unique challenges
- Among your many attributes you have a technical background in infrastructure, capacity planning, servers, networks, and experience with data center operations. You possess excellent communication and presentation skills at the senior level as well as the ability to work closely and constructively with all areas of the business.
- You lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects using your expertise.
- You plan requirements with customers and guide projects through the entire project lifecycle including managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating them to project stakeholders
- Overseeing major deployment programs while working with partner groups to create aggressive yet achievable plans.
- Your objective will be to organize the overall team, establish clear roles and responsibilities, and create a high-level workflow plan while developing and owning the master schedule.
- The purpose of this position is to provide program management from medium to large, complex, cross-functional projects and programs.
- Characteristics of responsible projects/programs: Infrastructure, projects within a Corporate/Data Center environment
- Leads medium to large, complex cross-functional projects and programs end-to-end
- Facilitates the development of a charter and integrated timeline.
- Ensures that all functions remain on schedule and that issues get escalated and resolved and that the program is completed successfully.
- Facilitates meetings to review active and pending projects (project pipeline).
- Collaborates with core team to develop solutions and lead project team(s) through implementation and completion. Manages internal and external relationships in support of program(s); may contract and manage vendors. May provide consultation on complex medium to large scale projects that integrate into an organized program.
- Creates, maintains & distributes routine PMO reports, including status reports and updated Gantt charts.
- May manage/oversee a team who are responsible for the delivery of a portfolio of projects and programs. Serves as the primary client contact and escalation point for any staffing, bandwidth or delivery issues.
- Provides formal supervision to individual employees within single functional or operational area. Approves subordinate's recommendations for staff recruitment, selection, promotion, advancement, corrective action and termination.
- Effectively recommends same for direct reports to next level management for review and approval.
- Plans and monitors appropriate staffing levels and utilization of labor, including overtime. Prepares and delivers performance appraisal for staff. Mentors and coaches team members to further develop competencies.
- Leads by example and models behaviors that are consistent with the company's values.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience in a technical area of study.
- 3 years of large scale project management experience.
- Data Center operational background and demonstrated excellence
- Mechanical/Electrical Engineering background preferred
- Prior experience in a supervisory position (direct report responsibilities) required if specific duties include direct report responsibilities.
- Excellent analytical, quantitative, and presentation skills.
- Familiarity with supply chain and logistics concepts.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret the most complex business documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive issues.
- Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations on complex topics to clients
- Ability to motivate and negotiate effectively with key employees, top management, and client groups to take desired action.
- Ability to forecast and prepare budgets.
- Conducts financial/business analysis including the preparation of reports.
- Ability to solve advanced problems and deal with a variety of options in complex situations.
- Requires expert level analytical and quantitative skills with proven experience in developing strategic solutions
- Decisions made with in-depth understanding and interpretation of procedures, company policies and business practices to achieve general results.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed