Milestone Technologies, Inc. is a leading IT Managed Services and IT Professional Services solutions provider headquartered in the Bay Area and serving clients globally. Our unique approach to IT Managed Services includes Contact Center Services, Internal IT Support, Data Center Operations, and Workforce solutions.
We are seeking an IT Operations Endpoint Engineer. The Endpoint Engineer will join a strong, technically diverse team with responsibility for helping manage our OSX and Windows endpoints and infrastructure.
The ideal candidate should have a passion for solving complex technical problems until full resolution. This person must be driven with a strong capacity to quickly adapt to a challenging pace of work and aptitude for learning new technologies. The ability to handle multiple projects, operating within a large range of technologies, simultaneously and on schedule, while continuing to manage daily responsibilities. The successful candidate will be willing to take on tasks outside of their knowledge base; be detail-oriented; be able to communicate effectively both written and verbally in technical and non-technical language to an array of cross-functional teams. The successful candidate must be an effective team player to help foster a fun positive environment.
• Collaborate on deployment and provisioning workflows using tools like DeployStudio, MDT, SCCM, Casper.
• Create and maintain security policies for both Windows and OSX to manage and protect our endpoints.
• Research and recommend innovative, and where possible, automated approaches for system administration tasks through scripting and API calls.
• Create reports, alerts and automated tasks with our monitoring and siem tools.
• Act as an end user advocate to ensure the endpoints maintain high performance and ease of use.
• Provide Tier II/other support per request from various constituencies; investigate and troubleshoot issues.
• Training and mentoring Tier I support.
• Document and refine internal policies and procedures.
• Partner with peers and management to make informed and sound strategic decisions.
• Performance monitoring and proactive correction of problems.
• Rotating on call duties as required.
• 5+ years of experience in endpoint management and systems administration.
• Deep experience with at least two of the following scripting languages Powershell, BASH, Ruby, Python, Batch, Swift, or AppleScript.
• Integrate API calls from various tools into custom scripts.
• Experience managing Endpoint Policies (Windows GPOs, Registry Settings, OSX Configuration Profiles or scripts).
• Able to design and configure Operating System Deployment for multiple operating systems.
• Hands on knowledge of deploying and enforcing encryption (FileVault2 or Bitlocker).
• Experience designing the architecture for configuration management platforms like Chef, Bigfix, Casper, Tanium, Airwatch, or SCCM.
• Experience managing Endpoints in a medium to large enterprise environment. This would include deploying patches, updates and applications.
• Able to communicate clearly and effectively.