Milestone is looking for passionate and motivated professionals who go above and beyond to solve the world’s biggest problems through innovation and technology. Our vision is to revolutionize the way technology is deployed and supported worldwide.
As the Global Security Content Specialist, the role will support the GSP Team to ensure all content projects are delivered to standard, on time and to budget. The role works directly with Global Security to develop documentation and resources that enhance Global Security’s approach in keeping employees safe and secure.
For this position, Milestone is looking for a Content Specialist with a focus on Knowledge Base management. A strong candidate will possess a background in Confluence or similar knowledge base management and information architecture or taxonomy, as well as strong content writing skills. This candidate will help with the following:
- Write concise technical documentation including but not limited to the following: knowledge base, Wiki, Processes, Best Practices, training material, and presentation.
- Create and maintain content for organization, content, technical accuracy, and style.
- Also, maintain library for team’s document control, team collaboration, and external socialization.
- Write and simplify processes and procedures into understandable language, work-flows, and instructions.
- Participate in all aspects of documentation development from product planning through product release, including but not limited to: developing, writing, editing, and publishing the content.
- Look for operational efficiencies while documenting content and communicate areas of improvement within process to subject matter experts (SMEs) and managers.
- Work collaboratively with various technical disciplines and develop technical documentation that satisfies intended purpose, within schedule and budget limitations.
- Lead or assist with retention, file naming and file storage initiatives.
- Understand and apply context towards different content types, tailor content to best fit audience, and apply critical thinking to ensure that content meets standards.
- Maintain working knowledge of other industry-standard platforms.
- Experience with Knowledge base and collaborative tools such as: Confluence, SharePoint, Wiki. Experience with document management and/or information architecture.
- Ability to communicate effectively and adapt quickly.
- Experience working with a large global company.
- Experience in project and process management.
- Distinctive problem-solving and analytical skills combined with strong business acumen and technical ability.
- Exceptional attention to detail, solid time management, and ability to prioritize and multi-task across multiple projects with cross-functional partners and teams.
- Analytical mindset and ability to understand and learn the organizational infrastructure and internal needs, and help define and drive processes.
- Ability to identify inconsistencies and deviations from language rules and guidelines.
- Previous background in Physical Security or similar field.
- Experience with design and branding, either in conception or creation.
- Project Management skills are a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Public Relations, Technical Communications, or similar fields; or equivalent practical experience.
- Relevant professional experience as a Technical Writer, Documentation Specialist, or similar.
- Experience with collaborative tools such as Microsoft 365, Quip, Confluence, SharePoint, and Wiki.
- Experience with Adobe creative products (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator).
- Experience with HTML, CSS, or similar.
- Editorial, copy-writing, and/or analytics experience.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed