Milestone is looking for passionate and motivated professionals who go above and beyond to solve the world’s biggest problems through innovation and technology. Our vision is to revolutionize the way technology is deployed and supported worldwide.
As the Global Security Content Specialist, the role will support the GSP Team to ensure all content projects are delivered to standard, on time and to budget. The role works directly with Global Security to develop documentation and resources that enhance Global Security’s approach in keeping employees safe and secure.
For this position, Milestone is looking for a Content Specialist with a focus on Knowledge Base management. A strong candidate will possess a background in Confluence or similar knowledge base management and information architecture or taxonomy, as well as strong content writing skills. This candidate will help with the following.
- Standardize documentation and Knowledge Base pages to ensure consistency with the Global Security design standard.
- Create site maps for Knowledge Base spaces that allow users to navigate content efficiently.
- Write concise documentation including but not limited to the following: Knowledge Base pages, Wiki pages, Processes, Best Practices, training material, and presentations. Create and maintain content for organization, content, accuracy, and style.
- Manage, audit, and establish conventions for content archives for the Global Security Program’s team including files and documents within Dropbox and Quip.
- Communicate newly created processes and procedures to both Global Security and audiences via email and Group posts.
- Participate in all aspects of documentation development from project planning through launch, including but not limited to: developing, writing, editing, and publishing content.
- Look for operational efficiencies while documenting content and communicate on areas of improvement within the process to subject matter experts (SMEs) and managers.
- Work collaboratively with various Global Security teams and SMEs to develop documentation that meets the intended purpose, within schedule and budget limitations.
- Understand and apply context towards different content types, tailor content to best fit audience, and apply critical thinking to ensure that content meets standards.
- Maintain working knowledge of other industry-standard platforms.
- Experience with Knowledge base and collaborative tools such as: Confluence, SharePoint, Wiki.
- Experience with document management and/or information architecture.
- Ability to communicate effectively and adapt quickly.
- Experience working with a large global company.
- Experience in project and process management.
- Distinctive problem-solving and analytical skills combined with strong business acumen and technical ability.
- Exceptional attention to detail, solid time management, and ability to prioritize and multi-task across multiple projects with cross-functional partners and teams. Analytical mindset and ability to understand and learn the organizational infrastructure and internal needs, and help define and drive processes.
- Ability to identify inconsistencies and deviations from language rules and guidelines.
- Previous background in Physical Security or similar field.
- Experience with design and branding, either in conception or creation.
- Project Management skills are a plus.
- Relevant professional experience as a Technical Writer, Documentation Specialist, or similar.
- Experience with collaborative tools such as Microsoft 365, Quip, Confluence, SharePoint, and Wiki.
- Experience with Adobe creative products (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator).
- Experience with HTML, CSS, or similar.
- Editorial, copy-writing, and/or analytics experience.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed