To provide Onsite Events support which may include but not limited to operating audio-visual equipment, video editing, Video Capture equipment (camera/studio set up), lighting and computer related components.
- Communicates with Event Producers effectively as well as explain our services to technical and non- technical customers and clients as needed.
- Swaps equipment as needed to maintain service levels
- Manages Break/Fix and RMA requests as needed to maintain service levels
- Monitors assigned videoconferencing calls on end user’s event sites. Troubleshooting as needed to satisfy the end user’s needs and escalate if necessary.
- Assists users on using video conferencing systems before and during events.
- Monitors events and checks in on customers throughout the day.
- Assists staff with pulling, staging and striking audio/visual equipment for events.
- Takes on tasks in special projects or assignments provided to you by your supervisor and executes them within the given timeline.
- Creates and executes development plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Keeps IT-Event Operations Manager well informed of status of event support efforts and serves as liaison between technician staff and clients.
- Contributes and abides by SOP documents, completing detailed event reporting as well as the utilizing event ticketing system.
- Owns the technical support lifecycle and is responsible for managing technical risks throughout support planning and delivery.
- Consistently delivers high-quality services to our clients.
- Facilitates team and client meetings effectively.
- Keeps IT Operations team well informed of changes within the IT-Event Operations team news.
- Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion.
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends as needed
- Interacts with other staff and outside vendors for equipment.
- Strives to exceed the expectations and needs of internal and external customers.
- Maintains a positive relationship with all clients through effective communication.
- Meets with guests on site to ensure that their needs are met and the equipment setup is working properly.
- Understands and fosters the client relationship.
- Work with other cross-functional teams to ensure successful delivery of events.
Project Related Competencies
- Solution Development and Delivery
- Understanding and implementing setup and operation of all audio-visual equipment
- Ability to understand signal flow and processing as well as the ability to communicate this to others
- At least 3 years of technical event production experience, working knowledge of audio visual equipment with a proficiency in lighting, sound, video recording and data projection along with experience with the technical challenges and problem-solving needs in an event production environment.
- Understands the benefits of the various event formats (i.e. Q&A, Training, Town Hall, Broadcast, etc…), as well as how to execute these formats flawlessly.
- Possesses significant knowledge of technical event support system architectures.
- Able to operate equipment to support Video Conferencing, Audio Conferencing, Local Audio Reinforcement, Video and Graphics Technologies (including projection, switching and formatting), Video Recording and Camera Operation, Internet Broadcast Video Streaming, Network Infrastructure Assessment, Set design, and IT operations and Support
- Strong Audio Engineering in a Live Event environment essential with proficiency in using digital mixing consoles (Yamaha CL series, Dante Audio Network interfacing and knowledge of MADI - Protocol preferable)
- PC troubleshooting skills (Mac, Linux, Windows) as it applies to Video Conferencing.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including relationship building and collaboration within a diverse, cross-functional team.
- Web or Internet start-up environment and customer service experience a big plus.
- Professionally groomed to company standards, specific location’s standards, and to the standards of our clients.